In the event of snow fall and adverse weather conditions, please be reminded of the following:
- We will always try and open the school provided the site manager (Mr Richard Jacklin) can travel to school safely and undertake his daily checks (he lives a few minutes away from school).
- If Richard tells me that the site is not safe to access then we will close the school for the day. This is very unusual but we always put the safety of the children and parents first.
- Please don’t ring school to see if we are closed as it simply jams up the phone lines, which may be needed for emergency communications.
- DO CHECK your Parentmail texts/emails and the school website www.mylnhurst.co.uk – please do not rely on local radio stations.
- We cannot advise on whether it is safe to travel to school. You should assess your own local situation and proceed accordingly – safety first at all times. If you feel the need to collect your child early, at any time, it is not necessary to check with us, just turn up at school and we will arrange for your child to be handed over as soon as possible.
Finally, if you are travelling this week, do please take care.