Mylnhurst Children’s Club (MCC)
Providing the very highest standards of Early Morning and After School care.
We fully appreciate that busy working families need a flexible facility to support family life. Our Morning and After School Club is here to do just that.
Breakfast Club starts promptly at 7.40am every morning:
- Children enjoy a light healthy breakfast and prepare for the school day in the stimulating surrounding of our purpose built room.
- All children are supervised by highly qualified and experienced staff before being safely handed over to their class teachers.
- At the end of a busy day, your children are accompanied to MCC by our staff and are settled in prior to to receiving the much anticipated healthy snacks.
- Some of our children attend MCC, after attending an activity from our extensive Enrichment Programme, and are similarly settled in and served their snack.
- At Morning and After School Club, the children enjoy a balance of games, activities and IT opportunities during their stay and as appropriate, are supervised and supported with their homework.
Our after school provision has now been extended to 6pm.
Please note the we make additional provision in MCC during Parent’s Evenings and the early finishes (12 noon at the end of the Christmas and Summer Term).
The MCC organises theme days throughout the year to help children to further understand different cultures. A recent theme day focussed on Greece where the children experienced Greek food, music and dance. The MCC was decorated in traditional Greek colours.
Immediately after the children have had their snacks and drinks the children from Prep 3 to Prep 6 complete their homework. This is done under supervision in a quiet environment. The pupils are allocated between 30-40 minutes to complete their work with support provided if necessary.
The Club has a Coordinator and Assistant Coordinator who both have qualifications in Children Play working NVQ level 3, Food Hygiene, First Aid and Paediatric First Aid, Safeguarding Children in Education and Health & Safety.
All Play workers receive a full disqualification and barring check (DBS), Induction Course, Safeguarding in Education Training and general principle of play working with children.